Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible of the Christian faith is the Word of God to mankind. God used human authors guided by His Holy Spirit to record His words and ways in the world. We believe it is true and accurate in all its’ teachings. We believe Jesus Christ verified its’ teachings by rising from the dead. It is the final authority for faith and practice for Christians (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:19-31; Hebrews 1:1). Go to page 1 in the pdf document below for an article further explaining this belief.
- We believe in God, the creator and sustainer of the universe, as revealed in creation, the Bible of the Christian faith and through Jesus Christ. He eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He has revealed Himself to be powerful, perfect, and good. He created the universe in order to have a loving relationship with His people. God is also holy and just and gave His people standards (spiritual laws) to live by in order to enjoy this loving relationship to the fullest. (Genesis 1:1; John 1:1-3; 14:6-20; Hebrews 11:3). Go to page 9 of the PDF document below for an article further explaining this belief.
- We believe that people are the supreme objects of God’s creation, created in the image of God. Every person has value, no matter what age, gender, race, economic status, position or nationality, and are all loved equally by God. Although every person has potential for good, all of us are marred by our own attitude and acts of disobedience against God, called “sin.” Sin separates us from God and causes spiritual and physical death along with many other problems in life (Genesis 1:27; Psalm 8:3-6; Psalm 51:1-8; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:12; Isaiah 59:1-2). Go to page 14 of the pdf document below for an article further explaining this belief.
- We believe Jesus Christ is the only Son of God. He was sent by God into the created world to show us what God is like and to lead us back into a right relationship with Him. He lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect and complete sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He physically rose from the dead, demonstrating His victory over sin and death, and verifying He is the Son of God. He is now at the right hand of God in the present Heaven, interceding on our behalf. In God’s time, Jesus will return to gather those who believe and follow Him, and will also judge those who do not love God (John 3:16; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8). Go to page 17 of the pdf document below for an article further explaining this belief.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty. Faith in Christ is expressed by believing in Jesus Christ, repenting of your sins, confessing Christ as Savior and Lord, and being baptized by immersion into Christ (Romans 3:21-26; Ephesians 2:1-10; Romans 5:1-2; John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Acts 3:19; Romans 10:9-10; Acts 2:37-38). Go to page 20 of the pdf document below for an article further explaining this belief.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is present in the world to make people aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, enables understanding of Bible truths, and guides believers in living the right way. He gives every Christian spiritual gifts for service of others. We are to seek to live under His control daily (2 Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13; John 14:16-17; 1 Corinthians 12:12; 3:16; Ephesians 1:13; Galatians 5:25; Ephesians 5:18). Go to page 23 of the pdf document below for an article further explaining this belief.
- .We believe that the church is composed of a loving community of people who are saved through faith in Jesus Christ. The church exists to fulfill Christ’s mission of making disciples in all nations, and bring healing, justice, and hope to the world, all to God’s glory. Jesus, himself, is the source of all love, faith and hope in the church (Matthew 16:13-19; John 13:34-35; Matthew 25:31-46; Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 3:10-11; Colossians 1:18; Hebrews 10:19-25). Go to page 27 of the pdf document below for an article further explaining this belief.
- We believe that the Bible teaches that baptism is to be done by immersion, to those old enough to believe in Jesus Christ, repent of their sins, and confess Him as Lord and Savior. It is a one-time act of obedience and identification with Jesus Christ as Lord (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:38; Romans 6:1-4; Galatians 3:26-27; 1 Peter 3:20-21). Go to page fo34 of the pdf document below for an article further explaining this belief.
- We believe that the Lord’s Supper is an ongoing symbol of remembering our Lord’s death, burial and resurrection and promised return. We prefer to observe the Lord’s Supper each week. Anyone who has received Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord is welcome to participate (Matthew 26:17-30; Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 11:23-32). Go to page 38 of the pdf document below for an article further explaining this belief.
- We believe that in the end Jesus Christ will return as Savior and Judge of the world. At that time there will be the bodily resurrection of the dead—believers to eternal life with God (heaven) and unbelievers to eternal judgment (hell). Sin will be no more and believers will live in fellowship with God forever (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20:11-15). Go to page 41 of the pdf document below for an article further explaining this belief.
Here are some old slogans we like:
- “Where the Scriptures speak, we speak; where the Scriptures are silent, we are silent.”
- “We are Christians only, but not the only Christians.”
- “In essentials, unity; in opinions, liberty; in all things love.”
- “No creed but Christ, no book but the Bible, no law but love, no name but the divine.”